Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mundane things

It’s been a while since I last posted. Darse is to blame. He stole all the hot subjects so I am going to tell you about the dull ones.

During the past days I was busy with mundane things. We bought some office furniture that I had to put together, we received a new leather couch for the living room and I arranged the guest bedroom. I also spent a lot of time looking for things on Internet like where to buy things, ordering some IT stuff and finally, booking my flight for Romania.

Yes, after almost four years, I am going to Romania for a week. It is the second time since we met that we are going to be apart for more than two days. Tough days are heaving at the horizon.

The great news is that (hurray!) we have all our papers issued. It is very funny that Darse has an immigrant card ;-). They didn’t give me one too because I am an EU citizen. We had a very long day because of that. We woke up at 6AM to beat the rush at the office but it turned out that there was no rush at all, at least there wasn’t before 9:30 when we left. It was a very short night, and on top of it, we received a call at 1AM from the Credit Card Company to confirm some shopping that I did yesterday. Crazy!

Sunday we had the first guests since we moved. It was a nice evening with good wine and good talk. I really enjoyed it. It seemed too short, though.

Things are getting even better. Monday I received the treadmill. I can walk and even run for however long I want in spite of the wind and the rain. I strategically positioned it in front of the big window facing the garden and it is like being out there but sheltered from the elements.

Life is very good!

PS: I attached some pictures taken during the New Years Eve in Dublin and Charleville castle.


Dame street, Central Bank



Ceilings in Charleville Castle, Tullamore

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that ball could really do some damage to a franchise coffee shop.

Anonymous said...

-laff-